Know your Computer Keyboard
Computer Keyboard plays a vital role to operate Computer, keyboard is mainly use to input various types of data in order to interact with the CPU Machine.
This data can be in form of alphabetical, numerical, alphanumeric and symbol.
There are various types of Computer Keyboard, but we are going to discuss in this article about the most popular Computer Keyboard of all time.
- QWERTY Keyboard: This type of keyboard is the most popular Computer Keyboard throughout the world, QWERTY layout keyboard has been accepted globally. The normal keyboard is having 100 to 104 keys in total, these keys has been divided into SIX parts, depending on the tasks they perform.
- Function Keys
- Typing Keys
- Control Keys
- Navigation Keys
- Indicator Lights
- Numeric Keys / Numeric Keypad
- Function Keys: So, let’s explore these keys in details, the first keys are Function Keys, these keys are placed on the top of your Computer Keyboard, and it has been identified as F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11 & F12. These keys are perform singly as well as combined with other control keys. For an example, if you want to rename any folder or file, you will have to use F2 function keys singly, whereas if you want to close any file or folder, you need to use function key along with ALT Key (i.e. ALT + F4).
- Typing keys: Typing keys are mostly used keys, these keys includes alphabets (A to z), numeric (0 to 9), punctuation marks (, ‘ “ ; : . ?) and symbols (! @ # $ % ^ & *), all the typing works can be done by using these keys, you can insert alphabets, numeric values, punctuation marks and symbols with the help of these keys.
- Control Keys: The control keys are CTRL, ALT, Shift, Windows, and there are TWO KEYS of each in the Computer keyboard, these keys are often used with some other keys, by using these keys, you can perform Windows shortcuts as well as shortcuts in any specific software without using a Mouse or Touchpad. You can enhance your working speed by using these control keys, likewise jump to other program, close down any program or file etc.
- Navigation Keys: Navigation keys are Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, and Arrow Keys. The purpose of these keys is to perform any specific tasks in Windows or in any software, like you can use Home button, if you wish to go first page of the file, and similarly if you wish to go the last page of the file, you can use End button. These keys are often use combined with Control Keys to perform any specific command.
- Indicator Lights: These indicator lights indicates whether Numeric lock, Caps lock and SCROLL lock are OFF or ON, you can simply identify if particular light is ON, you can use the keys and if it is OFF, you will not be able to use them.
- Numeric Keys / Numeric Keypad: Numeric keypad is often used when we insert only numeric values, or if we are using calculator, this keypad can be ON or OFF by using NUMERIC lock button.
Other than that, you will find some extra buttons as well in your Computer Keyboard, like
SPACE BAR, this is the biggest button on the keyboard. We can use it to create space between two words or character.
ESC (Escape Key) by which you can come out from any program.
TAB Key, by using it you can create more than one character space with a single press.
CAPS Lock, you can OFF or ON Numeric Keypad by using this button.
ENTER key, this key is use to Enter or Submit anything.