So are you looking to write your first blog post? But don’t know how to start, hmm?
Writing your first blog post can be challenging, and that’s why you need to read this article.
We will be sharing 10 tips in order to help you write your first ever blog post. So let’s get started!
- Decide what to write If you have never written a blog post earlier, the first challenge is to decide what you’ll write about. Pick something you are passionate about and already love reading, talking, or listening about. If you are passionate about something, you’ll love to write about it as well.
- Have Subjective Knowledge Before you start writing about any particular topic, you need to have prior subjective knowledge about that topic. If you already know about that topic, that’s perfect, if not, go and read other blogs, magazine articles, books, anything you can get information from. Do your research and once you have collected the information, go for it to write your blog post.
- Write Headline First 9 out of 10 people will read the headline and only 3 out of them will read the content. So always start with a catchy headline that attracts readers attention. If your headline is not attractive, no one will read your article. Also, writing the headline of your blog post first makes sure you don’t go away from the topic.
- Start Writing Most people spend hours, days, or even weeks to write their first article, why? It’s because writing for the first time can be fearful and lots of negative thoughts come to the mind. But you don’t need to overthink, simply get yourself out of any fear and start writing.
- Make article with proper content that readers will love to read. A good piece of content is between 500 words to 1000 words, anything less than 500 words is bad for SEO perspective and more than 1000 words is annoying to readers. So break them in small paragraphs and make the article readable so that readers don’t find it boring.
- Be Yourself When you are starting to write your first blog post, it’s easy to get attracted towards other successful writers and copy their writing style. But don’t try to copy anyone’s style. Write in your own style, be yourself because your writing style is your brand.
- We and You Rule while writing contents, always think as if you are talking directly to the reader and the reader is sitting before you. This makes your article interactive and you’ll be talking directly to your reader. Use (I and You) throughout your article.
- Use Attractive Images: Use images in your blog posts because “Images do the talking” and sometimes they do the explanations in a much better way than what your thousands of words can’t do. So use images in your blog post to make it more beautiful and professional as well.
- Formatting Tips: If you ever visited those boring websites from 90s era, you must have noticed how tough it is to read those articles as the writer didn’t format the articles for better readability. Don’t be one of those writers. Use proper writing formats and consider:using bullet points to make it simple and catchy, bold letters to emphasize, headlines categories such as h1, h2, h3 etc.whenever required Proper formatting is crucial as it makes a good impression and provides a better reading experience.
- End with Call to Action What a reader should do after reading your blog post? Don’t keep them hanging in the middle, let them know what to do next. Always end up with a call to action. A call to action can be anything depending upon your preferences but not more than one. End up your blog post motivating your readers to do something like asking their views about the topic, asking a question, or simply a request to share your blog post.
So these were the top 10 tips to write your first blog post. Hope you’ll learn from these tips and will be able to write your first blog post.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article!