What is the Twitter Video length Limit?
The maximum file size for a Twitter video is 512MB, and the maximum length of a single video can be 2 minutes and 20 seconds, i.e. 140 seconds or less.
How to upload longer videos on Twitter?
As we mentioned earlier, that the maximum allowed length of a single video is 140 seconds, but you can able to upload a video longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds and trim it before including the video in a Tweet.
Complete your message and click Tweet to share your Tweet and video.
There are few other ways as well, as to how you can be able to upload longer videos on Twitter.
- You can broadcast a live video, which is longer than 2:20 (140 Seconds) on Twitter.
- Upload a video in a thread (As mentioned hereinabove as well).
- You can upload longer videos if Twitter white-listed your account to upload longer videos. Just go to video.twitter.com and upload the video.
Upload Video by using Twitter Media Studio
Twitter Media Studio is a user-friendly platform and quite easy for the user to manage, measure and monetize their videos on Twitter.
It is a good place to upload, organize, and share videos, GIFs, and images.
As far as monetization for Media Studio is concerned, it builds up nice partnerships between publishers and advertisers for live video, video clips, and even more.
It is good at adding captions, titles and changing thumbnails. To upload Video by using Twitter Media Studio, one must follow the below steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Twitter account.
Step 2: Click on the More button, then click find followed by Media Studio Library.
Step 3: Click Uploading Media on Table of Contents.
Step 4: Select the video and upload it. (Make sure that video should be in MP4 or MOV format)
After selecting the uploading will start automatically.
Step 5: Edit video, if required, such as setting a thumbnail and add subtitles.
Step 6: Go to tweet the video, then click the blue Tweet button.
Step 7: Click the Schedule button followed by the date and time you want to prefer to upload the video.
Step 8: Click Tweet to post your video.
What format video you can upload on Twitter?
Twitter, currently supports only MP4 and MOV video formats on mobile apps.
Concerning the websites, it supports MP4 video format with H264 format with AAC audio.
Though you can upload videos up to 512MB, however, you will be prompted to edit videos to 2 minutes and 20 seconds or less in length.
Limitations on Video resolution
- The minimum resolution allowed is: 32 x 32
- You can upload a video maximum resolution of up to: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
- Aspect ratios is: 1:2.39 – 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
- The maximum frame rate is: 40 fps
- The maximum bitrate is: 25 Mbps
How can I protect my Video on Twitter?
If you want to protect your video on Twitter, and only your followers can view your videos in your Tweets.
Please make a note that your followers may download and re-share links to videos that you share in the protected Tweets.
The links to videos shared on Twitter are not protected at all, so anyone with the link will be able to view the content.
If in case you do not want anyone to see your videos on Twitter, then you need to delete the Tweets containing those videos.
How do you upload high-quality videos to Twitter?
- Make sure that you upload the highest possible resolutions (within the allotted range of 512 MB )
- Try to record the video directly from your mobile as much as you can, since Twitter lets you upload the video instantly or even live to stream the video.
Many Twitter users don’t know how to post longer videos on Twitter.
Some of them just tried to post a longer video on Twitter, but see that they are limited to 2 minutes and 20 seconds (140 seconds).
But, anyone can do it if they know the way around it like I have explained above in this article.
If you found the article helpful, please share it with others to help them.