What is the difference between Blog and Vlog?
The word “Blog” and “Vlog” is quite similar when you pronounce it. But, there is a significant difference between both the term. Today, we are going to discuss about a Blog and Vlog in this article. But prior to proceed with the article, let us discuss below what is a Blog and a Vlog.
Blog and Vlog are the two powerful communication tools that provides value to the people. A blog is also known as a website where you can upload content and provide value to the people in form of text or images. Whereas on the other hand, Vlog contains content in the form of video instead of textual content.
Though, both Blog and Vlog can be viewed as important marketing resources for corporations, business organization as well as to an individual. Both, Blogging and vlogging are now became common forms of earning money either by writing content or by producing videos.
So, the key difference between blog and vlog is
- That blog is similar to a website where one can post content in the form of a written text, still pictures
- On the other side, in a Vlog, you can post the content in the form of a video and explain in detail in every possible topic without writing a word.
What is a Blog?
A Blog is a written content-based website usually hosted on the web. It is one of the strongest medium to deliver the value to the people in a written format. It is one of the important communications and marketing tools.
Blog can be run by an individual or by a small group of people to a large-scale organization who put content on it and advertises their goods and services through their Blog. A Blog is having features like a broad range of texts, photographs, animated gifs, etc.
The creator of a Blog is known as a “Blogger”, and the activity to post articles in their blog is known as “Blogging”. Though, there are some bloggers who do not write the post at their own, but hire a freelancer content writer, who writes an article on behalf of them.
You can have a liberty to share your ideas in the form of Texts, pictures, gifs or a combination of all three. You can be a successful blogger without showing your face at all.
For example: A passionate traveller who has a traveling blog can never reveal his face, but post his experience in the form of texts, share his stories and experiences through words, place photographs that he captures during his journey to a particular place or destination on a regular basis.
What is a vlog?
Vlog Stands for Video log. The term “Vlog” is originally comes from Blog.
A Vlog who creates vlog is known as Vlogger, and the content will be in the form of a Video. The length of a video can be varying in length. Vlogger can share content on a variety of subjects like travelling, business promotions, current affairs, technology products, and many more.
To shoot a Vlog, you should require high-end equipment like, DSLR camera, good quality microphones, tripod, video editing software and other camera equipment.
A Vlogger has to explains everything through video and one must reveal his face to the people while posting content.
Vlog is more like by the people who feels bore in reading long articles. They always give preference video content over writing content, since they like to consume information just by watching video.
There are many platforms where you can do vlogging, like YouTube, Daily Hunt, Facebook, Vimeo and many more. But, the most popular platform for vlogging is YouTube as of yet.
Vloggers love to create content on YouTube, and upload videos regularly on anything which is interesting for their targeted audience.
Key differences between Blog and Vlog
- A Blog must contain the content in the form of text. Whereas, a Vlog, you can post content in a form of videos.
- A Blog has been introduced in 1990, and people had start to do blogging in the year 2003. One the other hand, Vlog has introduced in 2000 and in the year 2004, it has been spread widely.
- You can create your Blog on various platforms, likewise WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Blogger, and many more. In the contrast, Vlog is also supported by several platforms like Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, and many more.
- Vlogging is quite costly more than a blogging, because it needs various types of equipment to start with, such as DSLR camera, Microphones, tripod, editing software, drone for aerial views along with a complete setup. Whereas, you can start blogging without investing much on the equipment, as it doesn’t require any fancy equipment. All you need is a desktop or laptop. Learn how to become a YouTuber without investment.
- There are large number of blogs are existing on the internet, whereas when we compare the volume of the vlog video in compare of it. We find lesser volume of vlog quantity than Blogs.
What is more profitable, Blog or Vlog?
Both are equally good in order to make money. So, do not worry about on a initially stage of your career. Just keep sharing valuable content to the people and let your best come out. Once you reach to a level, you can have an opportunity to achieve great things in a day.
How you can make money through Blog?
There are various ways to make money through blogging, but you need to post great content on regular basis, once your blog draw traffic, you can have various option to earn money. Some of them are as below:
- Google AdSense: It is a Google product; Google AdSense shows on your blog and you will make money once anyone click on the ads.
- Link Posting: You just need to post a link from other content creator or a company within your article, and make money out of it.
- Sponsored Post: Companies start approaching you, once traffic starts coming to your blog. You need to post an article and earn money from it.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is an ultimate method to earn money via affiliate marketing, just put you affiliate link in your post article, and you will get paid, when someone click on your link and make purchase of any good or services. Learn to earn through affiliate marketing?
- Email Marketing: It is one of the strongest tool to build your brand, request your readers to share their emails, and share offers of their interest with them, and make money when they purchase your offered products.
How you can make money through Vlog?
Making money through vlogging is not difficult as well. Though quality content, patience and regularity are all you need to become a successful vlogger.
If you make content in accordance to your audiences, you will get thousands and thousands of views on your vlog video.
The more views you get on your vlog, the more revenue you will generate through your vlog.
There are various ways to earn money through a vlog channel:
- Google AdSense: Google will place ads on your videos, and get a commission every time someone sees the advertisement.
- Sponsored Video: Companies approach and ask to make video on their specific product or services, and in return they will give you good money.
- Affiliate Marketing: Put an affiliate link of the product that you use in your video, likewise your Camera, Tripod, Microphone etc., and once someone click on the link and make purchase, you will get paid. Learn how to make money through affiliate marketing?
- Sponsorship: Once you reach to a level, you will get sponsorship from some reputed companies, which are ready to pay handsome amount of money to you.
Advertising other brands in your vlog is a common approach used by many vloggers to earn money.
Meanwhile, you can earn money with Google Adsense by allowing Google to display ads on your YouTube videos. This service is free and easy to use.
You just need to create an Adsense account and link it to YouTube. Google will place ads in your videos and you will get a commission every time someone sees the advertisement.
Finding sponsors for your YouTube channel is another good way to earn money. Sponsors are well-established brands that have a high number of subscribers and viewers. It allows the Youtuber to use their platform and present themselves to a large audience.
There is vast scope in each of the platform, you just to find out your requirements, see your personal interest, what you are passion about, and your abilities. Once you find out what you are interest into, start by posting good content whether in the form of writing content or in a video format.
Just start with your passion, and you will surely be successful.
Thanks for reading the article.