One of the noticeable features of Google Docs is that it allows sending an email directly to anyone without opening your Gmail mailbox. It is a quick and easy way to send a copy of your document to anyone with an email address. In this article, you will get to know how to attach a Google doc to an email.
How to attach a Google doc to an email
You can follow the below-mentioned steps and learn how to share any Google Docs via email with your office colleagues or people from outside your organization.
- First of all, open the Google document that you want to send via email
- Click on the File menu
- Go to Email and choose “Email this file”.
A pop-up window will appear wherein you have to fill in relevant details of an email.
- Tick the check box “Send yourself a copy”, if you want a copy of the same mail to be sent to you.
- Write an email address where you want the email to be sent.
- Mention the subject of the mail; though the by default settings will take Google doc file name as the subject of the mail. You can change it if required.
- If you want the Google doc file as content, and not in an attached file. Then, tick the box “Don’t attach. Include content in the email” or else choose the format from the list that you need to send in an email.
Once you filled the form, click on the “Send” button, and an email will be sent to the sender as mentioned by you.