YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, to start a YouTube channel is a tremendous way to connect with your audience and be a known face among them. It helps you to build healthy relationships with your viewers. To make your videos more engaging and increase your viewership, you should add an outro on your YouTube videos. Though the length of an outro also plays a vital role, therefore in this article, we are going to discuss how long should a YouTube outro be?
YouTube is one of the most popular social media platforms having 1.9 billion logged-in monthly users, and every minute approximately 500 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube. To get success on YouTube, it’s not just enough to focus only on the content, but there are other several factors as well, and outro is one of them. It plays a part in connecting with your audience and giving the desired takeaway message as well.
How long should a YouTube Outro be?
Though YouTube never mentions the perfect length of an outro, though the ideal length of a YouTube outro is anywhere between 15-20 seconds. Do not make a long outro, so it annoys neither the user, nor it is too short that people unable to understand what you want to convey to them.
The length of 15-20 seconds is enough to convey the information to your viewers so they can click on the links you want them to go to.
Normally, a YouTube outro will appear like an end screen of the video, which contains clickable links of the subscribe button, recommended videos, links of your blog and website, or any other specific products and etc.
Adding such elements in the outro increase the chances to stay on your YouTube channel for a longer duration, and push them to subscribe to your channel. Make sure that your outro should be eye-catching and be at least 15 -20 seconds long with a call to action button, so users can follow it accordingly.
What are the specific requirements for adding an Outro?
The perfect recommended resolution of a YouTube outro should be 1920 X 1080 pixels. The aspect ratio that you need to follow is 16:9. It will ensure that the outro looks more impressive when viewed on smartphones and on tablets. As far as you follow the ratio of 16:9, you can include up to four elements on an end screen in a single video of yours.
Things you can put on YouTube Outro
- The YouTube outro should appear on the screen for enough period of time so that your viewers can understand it fully and go with it accordingly. If you are uploading a half an hour-long video, make sure that the outro appears on the video for a longer duration.
- Shoot and upload your videos in such a way that you have the proper time for adding an outro at the end, failing which your user leaving the video with confusion.
- Give a call to action to your viewers, it can be a subscribe button, you can feature another YouTube channel, website and blog, any affiliate products that you want to promote, the playlist of videos, and much more.
- You can also consider mentioning your social media profiles including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. Though presently these social handles are not directly clickable within the YouTube Video, certainly it will help you to establish your web presence, and inspire your YouTube viewers to check out your other social accounts.
- Give clear instructions to your viewers so that audience does not get confused but follow your direction and fulfilling the tasks that you want them to fulfill.
- Don’t get your audience confused, for example, you request your viewers to visit your blog, but not mention the link of your website on an outro screen, then you may leave the audience completely confused and you will get no result.
Always put A Call to Action in an Outro
When you clearly mention a call-to-action to your viewers at the end of the video, chances are high that your viewer will stay on your channel for a longer duration.
Whereas, in absence of a call to action, they simply jump to another channel’s video and start watching something else or exit the app.
To keep your audience engaged, a clear call to action is just before they leave the video. For example, if you upload videos about YouTube tips, and you want the viewers to check out another YouTube tips video, don’t forget to add links to relevant videos or playlists in the outro.
A call-to-action must be clear and easily understandable to the audience. Linking an irrelevant video in the outro will leave the audience annoyed and it will land them nowhere but get them confused.
YouTube Outro must be simple and clear
The first and foremost motive of an outro is to increase engagement on your YouTube channel.
The thumb rule is to keep your outro clear and simple, so it will be easier for your audience to make it understand and follow instructions that you want them to follow. Don’t put so many elements on an outro screen.
You can also choose a template from any video editor app as well, so it looks classier. Adding a verbal call-to-action is also a good option, select calming outro music for the background and post it with your outro.
After you put an ample amount of effort into an actual YouTube video, the perfect outro is like a cherry on the ice cream. Good outro always keep your audience engaged, and it is recommended that you never leave the video on a blank screen.
If you are a beginner on YouTube, a creative outro can help you to increase your subscriber base considerably.
Put your best effort and get a fair chance to get noticed on YouTube. We do hope that the above tips help you to create great outros for your YouTube videos. Do leave your valued feedback in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading the article till here…!!!