Epic Games, Inc. is a Cary, North Carolina-based video game and software developer, and publisher.
Epic Titles creates the Unreal Engine, a commercially available game engine that also powers its in-house games like Fortnite and the Unreal, Gears of War, and Infinity Blade series.
Support-a-Creator is an Epic Games affiliate program that allows players and developers to supplement their income. For each player introduced by your affiliate link or added Creator, the Support-a-Creator program pays a 5% revenue split on all titles sold in the Epic Games Store, as well as $5 per 10,000 V-Bucks spent in Fornite.
Guinness World Records declared Unreal Engine the “most successful videogame engine” in 2014.
Epic Games owns and runs eponymous sub-studios in Seattle, England, Berlin, Yokohama, and Seoul, as well as video game companies Chair Entertainment and Psyonix and cloud-based software provider Cloudgine.
Tim Sweeney created Potomac Computer Systems in 1991, and it was originally based out of his parent’s home in Potomac, Maryland. Following the publication of his first commercial video game, ZZT (1991), the firm changed its name to Epic MegaGames, Inc. in early 1992 and hired Mark Rein, who is currently the company’s vice president. The studio’s name was reduced to Epic Games once they relocated to Cary in 1999.
Epic Games Affiliate Program
🎯 Pricing Model: Revenue Share
🗃️ Verticals: Gaming
📅 Payment Schedule: Net 45, Monthly
💁 Available Support: Chat, Email
🍪 Cookie Duration: 0 days
💵 Base Commission: $5.00 or 5%
💰 Payment Threshold: $100.00
- Earn a minimum of $5 in commissions or a 5% revenue share.
- The Support-A-Creator initiative allows Creators to profit from Fortnite and other Epic Titles Store games.
- Accepted Creators in Fortnite will receive USD 5 (or the equivalent in local currency) for every 10,000 V-Bucks spent by players who choose to support them in-game. This applies to both free V-Bucks and V-Bucks purchased by players. Fans can show their support for a Creator in-game by using the “Support a Creator” button in the Item Shop in Battle Royale or the Loot tab in Save the World to input the Creator’s Epic tag.
- Accepted Creators can publish referral links on their content channels or promote their Creator tag to their supporters to receive credit for Epic Games Store sales. Supporters visit the Epic Games Store and click on Creator links or input Creator Tags throughout the checkout process. The Developer determines the income share for attributed sales for each game, with a minimum rate of 5%. + You can choose between a direct deposit into your bank account and a PayPal payment. + Once you’ve reached the USD 100 minimum payment level, the first payment will be paid 45 days later.
- Once you’ve received your first payment, you’ll be paid every 30 days as long as you reach the $100 minimum. This will continue for the duration of the program.
Requirements for the Epic Games Affiliate Program
You must be an active creator (video producers, broadcasters, storytellers, artists, cosplayers, musicians, and community builders) and meet the following requirements:
At least one major social media network has 1,000+ followers.
Completes the Affiliate Agreement and follows our Creator Code of Conduct Capable of receiving paid in an Epic-approved format
How you can earn money in Epic Games?
Earn Money by Promoting Games in the Epic Store
Both the creator tag and referral links can be used to promote games on the Epic Games Store. Affiliates in the Epic Games affiliate program receive a 5% revenue share.
Earn Money by Promoting Fortnite
When marketing Fortnite, you must urge the player to submit the Support-a-Creator tag to be eligible for commission as an affiliate (creator). Each player can choose to support one of the Creators for 14 days unless a new Creator is chosen. After 14 days of uninterrupted support for a Creator, the Creator will be reset, and players will be able to re-choose the same Creator or select a new one. The Creator is paid $5 for every 10,000 V-Bucks spent, and both earned and purchased V-Bucks are counted against your commission.