Are you planning to start a website for your business? There are many ways to build a website; you can start a website on Blogger, Drupal, or Joomla. But, most website owner trusts on WordPress and prefer to build their website on WordPress only. In this article, we are covering the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
Though, building a website is not a simple task to perform. You should design a website that looks attractive yet simple. The interface of the website must be user-friendly so users can navigate it easily and conveniently. You have also need to optimize it for several search engines and protect it from spammers.
It is highly recommended to start with WordPress since it is the world’s most popular open-source system for managing content.
Table of Contents
What is the use of Plugins in WordPress Blogs?
Plugins are apps that add value and functionality to your website. In WordPress, plugins play a major role in your website, therefore it is important to know about the plugins that you need to start a successful website. Adding the best WordPress plugins for blogs will definitely help to grow your website and to reach out to more audiences.
Some plugins are a must-have for every website. Since these plugins can really enhance the appearance and user experience for your readers. So, let’s dive into the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs
The Yoast SEO plugin is a must-have plugin for every blogger, it is the most trusted plugin because developers frequently updated this plugin so it can be compatible with search engine algorithms.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plays an important role to grow a website. Yoast SEO has plenty of features that can affect your blog to do better. It can optimize your keywords and analyze the readability of each post that you publish on your blog. It also categories SEO in three different ways, i.e. Need improvement, OK and Good.
Salient Features for Yoast SEO
- Analyze the structure of the paragraphs to help deliver better content.
- Related keyword density.
- Meta Descriptions.
- Link Support.
- Flesch Kincaid Reading Ease.
- Prior Keyword Usage.
- Keyword Use in Subheadings.
- Permalink clean-ups.
You should always have a countermeasure for your blogs, if you don’t have one, there will be a high chance that your blog will encounter spam. The spam can pollute your website along with its backend files through various spam comments and contact form submissions by the users who actually visit your site for just spamming. You can reduce them by installing the Akismet Anti-Spam plugin which is one of the best Anti-Spam plugins to deal with spammers.
It inspects all comments and contact form submissions to find any sort of harmful content. If something usual detects, it analyses the website and drops out the contents automatically that might appear as spam.
Salient Features for Akismet Anti-Spam
- It automatically examines all comments and filters out ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were detected or cleared by Akismet.
- Easy backup and restore process.
- Moderators can be able to view the number of spam by each user.
- Discard features that block the worst spam to save the storage.
- Fast performance saves a lot of time.
If you want to manage your website effortlessly, then Jetpack is probably the plugin that you are looking for.
Jetpack is developed by Automattic, it also provides several statistics concerning your website. With the help of it, you can easily keep a track of the visitors you visit on your website and work out the ways to improve them even more.
Jetpack also assists in spam filtering, malware scanning, and brute force attack protection. By installing Jetpack on your WordPress Website, keep your blog in safe hands.
Salient Features for Jetpack
- Enhanced website functionality with plenty of features built within.
- Statistics for traffic growth.
- Powerful customization tools so you can design as desire.
- Centralized Website Management.
- Faster mobile experience with lazy image loading.
- Search engine optimization tools for Google, and other several search engines.
- You can multiple websites from a single dashboard.
There is a chance that your blog can be hacked or crashed even if you installed security plugins for your blog, In such circumstances, you need a backup for all content that you can restore again with ease. The UpdraftPlus plugin will be a great help under such situations, as you can back up your blog content on cloud storage like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
You will also get an option to back up your content with multiple cloud storage, by using the UpdraftPlus plugin with scheduled automatic backup.
Salient Features for UpdraftPlus
- Schedule an automatic backup for your contents.
- With a migrator, you can easily duplicate or migrate your websites.
- Use fewer server resources for faster processing.
- Back up content on multiple cloud services.
- Free dedicated expert support.
- Multi-Network compatible.
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations.
- Database encryption.
The website speed plays a very essential role. The Smush Plugin compress images that your posts in the article, you might need this plugin when you had written hundreds and hundreds of article on your website, and every article of yours includes an image which takes plenty of space altogether. This can affect the speed of your website.
Though, when you install the Smush plugin in your WordPress dashboard, you can easily compress the images on your blogs. It is one of the best plugins that WordPress has, with image optimization. Smush optimize blog’s images and maintain their quality too at the same time.
Salient Features for Smush
- Compress images without reducing their quality.
- Award-Winning Image Optimizer.
- You can also customize the images with specific height and width.
- Compress any image in any directory.
- Compatible with Page Builders and Media Library Plugins.
- Detect an incorrect size image.
- Multiple image compression with up to 50 images at one time.
- Smush Plugin comes with an image stat.
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is a good static caching plugin that can reduce the loading time of your blogs. It generates static HTML files that are served directly by Apache without processing relatively heavy PHP scripts.
You can speed up your WordPress blog considerably, by using this WP Super Cache.
This plugin serves cached files in three different ways such as Expert, Simple, and WP-Cache caching. Though they are both ranked by the speed you can choose the simple method as well, if you are uncomfortable with editing PHP files.
Salient Features for WP Super Cache
- There are three caching methods for user satisfaction.
- It doesn’t cache pages for the known users.
- You will get an option of Garbage collection availability with WP Super Cache to clean outdated cache files.
- CDN Support and rebuild cache.
If you are planning to set up an online store blog, then WooCommerce is a must-have plugin for you. You can easily promote and sell products through this plugin since WooCommerce will be the perfect plugin for you.
This plugin comes with all the features and elements one should require for selling online products through the blog. The set-up process is quite easy too, you can install it on your WordPress dashboard and start selling products straight away. You can accordingly improve your additional needs with its massive selection of extensions.
Salient Features for WooCommerce
- It offers flexible and secure payments with multiple gateway options.
- Comes with a familiar interface for store managers.
- Easy set up within just a few clicks.
- Fully mobile responsive so you can manage orders from your smartphones.
- Excellent support with proper documentation to assist you anytime.
Read More articles…